Drunk driving is in the news again in Omaha, Nebraska.
After the news announced that a well known bicyclist was killed in an accident, many cycling enthusiasts were in shock. When the news announced the next day that the accident involved someone who had been charged with drinking and driving, the shock turned to outrage.
Impaired driving caused by drugs and alcohol causes loss of potential and loss of life. From injuries to deaths, the implications of drunk driving are serious. Whether you are a victim of a drunk driving accident or the family of a loved one who was killed in a drunk driving accident, you make be looking to available resources to help you recover. From the finances needed to pay for expensive hospital and therapy bills to finding a way to recover from lost wages and earning potential, personal injury law firms may be able to help. From bicycle accidents to truck accidents, if your case involves a drunk driver you may need legal assistance to get the help that you need.
Personal injury attorneys may have experience in the situation that you are dealing with, so it is often beneficial to find a legal representative who can help you find the solutions that you need. Consider some of these statistics about some of the situations where Americans may find themselves in need of legal advice following an accident:
- 16% of motor vehicle crashes involve drugs, both legal and illegal, other than alcohol.
- 1.1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics in the year 2015.
- Across the globe, more than 50% of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults between the ages of 15 and 44.
- 32,166 fatal motor vehicle crashes occurred in the U.S. in the year 2015.
- Motorcyclists accounted for 14% of all traffic fatalities and 4% of all people injured in the year 2013.
- 37,000 U.S. residents die in road crashes every year, according to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT).
Trackback from your site.