The driver who caused the accident was texting. And even though you were paying close attention to the road, when that driver crossed the center line you were not only caught off guard, but you had no where to go. Fortunately, you were not hurt as much as you could have been, but the injuries were significant enough that you have had two surgeries and are dealing with months of physical and recreational therapy. The expenses of the surgeries and the therapies are so great, in fact, that you needed to get legal help from a car accident lawyer to find resources for covering some of the expenses.
With the help of the car accident lawyer, you were able to find some of the relief that you were looking for. Although the other driver’s insurance has helped with some of the immediate expenses, you are looking for some financial relieve for the long term rehabilitation that you need so that you can get back to work full time and to enjoying the activities that you took for granted before the accident.
One day it seems like you have your life together and that you are headed in the right direction.
In the blink of eye, however, things can change.
Whether you are looking for a legal professional to help your family after a fatal car accident or you are looking for a brain injury attorney, it is almost always better to get the advice you need sooner rather than later. Consider some of these reasons that many people find themselves in need of legal advice:
- $239 billion is the annual cost of civil lawsuits to the U.S. economy, according to a 2015 report from the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.)
- 333,000 large trucks were involved in traffic crashes during 2012 in the U.S.
- Nearly 660,000 drivers are using cell phones or manipulating electronic devices while driving at any given daylight moment across America.
- 9.9 million people reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs in the past year.
- 37,000 people die in road crashes in America every year and an additional 2.35 million are injured or disabled.
If you find yourself dealing with a life changing event it might be necessary to find an attorney to help you locate the resources that you need.